Warranties and Services
Standard and Extended Limited Warranty
All systems and components are shipped with a 30 day, 90 day, 1-year or 3-year limited warranty, which covers defects in materials and workmanship in hardware products. To determine which warranty came with your hardware product(s), see your packing slip or invoice.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state (or jurisdiction to jurisdiction), our responsibility for malfunctions and defects in hardware is limited to technical support, repair and replacement as set forth in this warranty statement. All express and implied warranties for the product, including but not limited to any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in time to the terms of the limited warranty period reflected on your packing slip or invoice. No warranties, whether express or implied, will apply after the limited warranty period has expired.
Information We Collect
We may collect personal information such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, and other information necessary to process your orders and provide you with customer support. We also collect information about your browsing and purchasing behavior on our website. Personal information collected is held in confidence and will not be shared, sold or rented to outside parties.
Limits on Standard and Extended Warranties
All components or computer systems sold hereunder shall be deemed acceptable by Customer unless, within 20 calendar days from invoice date Customer shall notify Source Code in writing that such product(s) are defective. During this period advanced replacement parts will be rushed to customers to replace defective part(s).
Credit will only be issued within 20 calendar days from invoice date for the defective components. All accessories must be received with the defective component within 14 days from the date RMA is issued.
Repair and Replacement
- Hardware additions, software not preinstalled by us, upgrades, modifications, or configuration changes done by the Customer are not covered by this warranty.
- Any system or product left unclaimed at our facility is deemed abandoned after 90 calendar days. Abandoned systems or products are disposed of at our discretion.
- Software is not covered under warranty. Customer agrees to pursue any warranty claims for defective or incompatible software with the manufacturer of the software product.
- It is necessary that a backup of the software and data on your system's hard disk drive and on any other storage device(s) in the system be done before Source Code provides services to you. You understand and agree that Source Code is not responsible for any loss of software or data.
- Individual component warranties will be voided if the components have been altered in any way, including without limitation: products that have been scratched, defaced, labeled or indelibly marked, tampered with or if serial numbers have been altered, or if factory sealed parts have been tampered with or broken.
- Warranties will be voided if product has been damaged by actions that are beyond our control, including for example, impacts, fluids, fire, flood, wind, earthquake, lightning or similar disaster, war, strike, lockout, epidemic, destruction of production facilities, riot, insurrection, material unavailability or any other Acts of God.
- Warranties will be voided if products have been damaged through misuse, abuse or mishandling, including without limitation the unauthorized modification of the system as a whole or any individual component, and/or the attachment of peripheral devices, or limitations placed by the manufacturer specifications.
- Components purchased online by end users are not returnable and may only be exchanged for manufacturer defect within 30 days. After 30 days, the customer is required to contact the manufacturer.
- Warranty Services will be completed within a period of time deemed reasonable by Source Code and/or the manufacturer.
- THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER MINOR IMPERFECTIONS IN UNITS THAT MEET DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS OR IMPERFECTIONS THAT DO NOT MATERIALLY ALTER FUNCTIONALITY.
* Refer to our Return Material Authorization (RMA) Policy and Procedures for obtaining RMA.
Customers are responsible to refuse all packages that arrive damaged. Customers need to notify Source Code within 24 hours from the delivery date if a package was delivered damaged to obtain a RMA number. Source Code will rush replacement parts to the customer at once.
Customers take full responsibility for accepting any packages damaged during shipping.
During the Limited Warranty Period, Source Code will provide product technical support. The scope of technical support consists of helping you diagnose and resolve problems with defects in computer systems manufactured by us. Source Code will ONLY be able to provide technical support on OS installation to the original end user if the OS was purchased as part of the computer system from us.
Source Code is not the manufacturer of the software or operating system and does not guarantee that software or operating system will be free from errors, either in isolation or in combination with hardware.
Other Limitations to Coverage
- Extended warranties do not extend the warranty period for peripherals such as monitors, mice, keyboards, printers, or any other components external to the computer.
- Special-order items, items that are not normally carried, sold, or advertised, are considered to be final sale and not returnable. This includes items used in custom computer system builds. Customer agrees to pursue any warranty claims for defective special-order items with the manufacturer of hardware product.
- Clearance or refurbished items are to be final sale and not returnable, unless special warranty period is indicated on the invoice. Customers agree to pursue any warranty claims for defective clearance or refurbished items with the manufacturer of hardware product.
- Most manufacturers' warranties apply to defects encountered during normal use of the product while following manufacturers operating and installation instructions. These warranties generally do not apply if the damage or defect results from: (a) failure to follow such operating or installation instructions; (b) any negligence, mishandling, or accident; or (c) use of unauthorized parts or service.
Advanced Replacement Warranty
All components and systems are shipped with limited 20-calendar day (from invoice date) return for advanced replacement on DOA parts and components. Additional advanced replacement period (computer systems only) might apply to your purchase or could be purchased within the first thirty days of your purchase. To determine if additional advanced replacement came with your system order, see your packing slip or invoice.
Limits to Advanced Replacement service
- Advanced replacement requests are limited to regular stock items and do not cover special products, clearance products or refurbished products.
- All advanced replacement requests require Return Material Authorization (RMA) number.
- All advanced replacement parts are due within 14 days of the request.
- Advanced replacement parts will be invoiced and charged in advance. The account or credit card will be credited if the advanced replacement part is returned within the allotted time frame.
- All components returned for advanced replacement must include all the accessories and be 100 percent complete. All retail components must contain the original boxes, material., serial numbers and UPC stickers must be in place if it is returned within the first 30 days from purchase.
- Advanced Replacement parts will be shipped ground. Option for faster shipping is available at additional cost.
* Refer to our Return Material Authorization (RMA) Policy and Procedures for obtaining RMA.
On-Site Service Warranty
On-site service is available for your system(s) within the United States. The technician will need to have the full address of your system's location and know whether it is a residence or business. A service technician will be dispatched to your location to service your system, according to your service level. All on-site service warranties include Advance Replacement with next day shipping.
- Standard On-site Service Warranty Agreement A service technician will, in most cases, be dispatched to arrive at your location for on-site service on the next business day (during your PPM); Monday through Friday, excluding Holidays (see "Holidays" below). If the service technician is dispatched for on-site service after 3:00 p.m. eastern standard time, the service technician may take an additional business day to arrive at your location.
Limits to On-Site Service
- Holidays Regular holidays shall include New Year's Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day, unless Source Code notify you otherwise.
- Service Area These terms and conditions only cover your system(s) located in the 48 contiguous states. Hawaii and Alaska are not included. In addition, Source Code may invoice you an additional charge for service in certain remote areas of the United States.
- If You Miss the Service Visit If you or your authorized representative is not at the location when the service technician arrives, the service technician cannot service your system(s). The service technician will leave a card to let you know he/she was there. If this occurs, you may be charged an additional fee for a second service call to repair your system(s).
- If You Move Your System If you move your system(s) to a geographic location in which the service coverage you purchased is not available at the same price as you paid for these terms and conditions, you may incur an additional charge to maintain the same categories of service coverage at the new location. If you choose not to pay such additional charge, your service may be automatically changed to categories of service that are available at such price or a lesser price in such new location with no refund available.
- Optional & Extended Services With regard to any services that are not within the coverage of these terms and conditions, it will be within our discretion whether to perform the services, and, if Source Codeelect to perform the services, the services will be subject to an additional charge to be paid by you.
- Assistance You Must Provide The service technician will need full access to your location and to your system(s) at no cost to us. You must assure that the service technician has working space, electricity, an internet connection and a local telephone line. If these requirements are lacking, Source Code are not obligated to provide on-site service.
- Software Backup It is necessary that a back up of the software and data on your system's hard disk drive and on any other storage device(s) in the system be done before Source Code provide services to you. You understand and agree that Source Code are not responsible for any loss of software or data.
- Payment You will pay to Source Code the fees stated on your invoice along with applicable sales, use, or other taxes associated with your purchase of services. You will reimburse Source Code for all actual, reasonable, documented out-of-pocket expenses, including travel expenses Source Code incur at your request. Source Code reserve the right to refuse warranty or service should there be any outstanding or delinquent balance on your account.
- Miscellaneous Limitations to Service Coverage THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE OF LIMITED DURATION AND COVERAGE. These terms and conditions extend only to original purchasers of the system(s) and located within the United States and to any person who buys the system(s) and these terms and conditions from the original purchaser or a subsequent transferee, as long as all transfer procedures in these terms and conditions have been complied with and transfer fees, if any, have been paid (see "Transfer of this Services Package" below). These terms and conditions extend only to uses for which a covered system was designed. If you use a covered system in a way that it was not intended to be used, this on-site service package is void, and Source Code will not be obligated to repair or replace the system. The services Source Code agree to provide under these terms and conditions are repair services that are necessary because of any defect that exists or occurs in materials or workmanship in the system(s) or in any system component covered by these terms and conditions. Preventive maintenance is not included. Installation, deinstallation, or relocation services and operating supplies are not included. Repairs necessitated by software problems, or as a result of alteration, adjustment, or repair by anyone other than Source Code (or our representatives or assignees) are not included. Source Code are not obligated to repair any system or system component that has been damaged as a result of: (i) accident, misuse, or abuse of the system(s) or component (such as, but not limited to, use of incorrect line voltages, use of incorrect fuses, use of incompatible devices or accessories, improper or insufficient ventilation, or failure to follow operating instructions) by anyone other than Source Code (or our representatives or assignees), (ii) an act of God such as, but not limited to, lightning, flooding, tornado, earthquakes, and hurricanes, or (iii) moving the System(s) from one geographic location to another or from one entity to another.
RMA Policy and Procedures
Please complete the Return Material Authorization (hereinafter referred to as RMA) Request Form and e-mail or fax your RMA request form to the location where your sales representative is located and/or to where the pertaining order was placed. Your account must be current and your service warranty due date must be at least 14 days after the date you submit your request in order to obtain a RMA number. Once the RMA request is submitted, Source Code will respond within 12 business hours. Advanced Replacement requests may be delayed by one business day if request was submitted after 3:00 PM.
- No RMA number will be assigned on the spot to walk-in customers.
- All components sold hereunder shall be deemed acceptable by Customer unless, within 20 calendar days from date of receipt Customer shall notify Source Code in writing that such product(s) are damaged or defective.
- Please have original invoice numbers, product part number, product serial numbers, and description of problem readily available to get a RMA number. Source Code may not be able to issue a RMA number without the information listed above.
- No off-site repairs will be done on the spot for walk-in customers.
- All out of warranty products returned for repair are subject to $50 diagnostic fee and $45 per hour repair charge.
- RMA numbers are only valid for 14 calendar days (after RMA issuance date). After 14 calendar days the numbers will be no longer valid and the shipment will be refused.
- All products being returned after 30 days of purchase must be for warranty repair or warranty replacement only.
- All products being returned for credit will be subject to a minimum restocking fee of 15%. If the product was opened, a minimum restocking fee of 25% will be accessed, along with additional charges for missing items.
- Damage to products being returned, that occurred during shipping, is the responsibility of the shipper. Customers are not to withhold any payments due, pending outcome of shipping investigation.
- All products returned for credit will be credited at the current reseller's price or the reseller's purchase price --- whichever is less.
- Special ordered products and products purchased on-line are not eligible to be returned for credit. This product can be returned for warranty replacement or warranty repair within 30 calendar days only. After 30 calendar days, the customer is required to contact the manufacturer.
- Do not deduct credits for returned products from current balance. A credit memo will be issued when your return has been received and processed.
- All products returned for credit will be subject to restocking fees unless found to be defective.
- All items not meeting above conditions will be refused.
- It is necessary that a back up of the software and data on your system's hard disk drive and on any other storage device(s) in the system be done before Source Code provide services to you. You understand and agree that Source Code are not responsible for any damage or loss of software or data.
- All products returned for credit or advanced replacement must be 100 percent complete; they must contain the original boxes and material. Serial numbers and UPC stickers must be in place.
- Do not send cables and manuals for replacement or repair RMA as they may not be returned.
- Print the RMA number on the shipping label only! not on the box. Do not write on manufacturers' boxes. Product(s) must be in resalable condition for you to receive credit.
- Products returned without a RMA number written on the shipping label will be refused.
- Items returned as defective found not to be defective or found to be damaged will be returned to you. If that product was advanced replaced to you according to the limitations of its warranty, the product will be returned to you and the invoice for that product or the advanced replacement product will become due.
- To help prevent damage in transit, it is suggested that product and/or shippable containers be further protected with additional shipping materials. Items received damaged will be refused.
- Source Code strongly recommends that you insure shipments to Source Code or you accept the risk of loss or damage during the shipment.
- You are responsible for shipping charges on returned items. Items with COD or freight collect charges will be refused.
- All repaired or replacement RMAs are returned to you by our carrier of choice.